Hi Blake,

For MI, you can try explicitly masking your images with fslmaths prior to registration.

Best,

David

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Blake Dewey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have been trying to use weighted registration for my structural image (using the brain mask as a weighting image). I have had success with each of the cost functions except for the mutual information and normalized mutual information functions. For these two cost function the registration fails spectacularly, often rotating the image out of the FOV. Is there a reason for this? What can I use if I have two very different contrasts to register in this way?

Blake