More contrast between different diffusion directions.

Peace,

Matt.

From:  Dianne Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 6:53 PM
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  [FSL] why high b-values for q-ball imaging?

This seems so fundamental, but I'm not finding a good explanation anywhere.

Can someone explain (or direct me to good explanatory materials):
Why do people use high b-values (e.g., b=3000) for high angular resolution
imaging?

Thanks so much!

-Dianne

--
Dianne Patterson, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
or
University of Arizona
Speech and Hearing Science 314
1131 E 2nd Street, Building #71
(Just East of Harvill)
621-9877
If you don't hear back from me (and you expected to),
I blame the University's new SPAM filter.
Please write to my gmail account.
Antipiphany: That moment when you realize how little you actually know