Hi Matt,

Looks fine. It means that age and sex are absorbing variance that
otherwise would appear in the error term, which would reduce the value
of the statistic. So, keep age and sex there as nuisance, exactly as you
did, as they explain part of the observed variation in the TBSS data.

All the best,

Anderson