Hi Marco,

Could you post here your design.mat and design.con? It's just to see if
there isn't anything strange or unexpected going on that could otherwise
explain these high values.

About the relationship between the statistic and the p-values: using a
parametric method, yes, a t-stat of about 2 would have a p about 0.05 (in
fact, 0.03, but close). This only happens, however, if various assumptions
about the data are valid. The parametric methods were developed at a time
in which computers didn't exist, so theoretical approximations and
asymptotic behaviours of random variables had to be investigated, and for
that, assumptions were introduced. We don't need any of that anymore, and
randomise uses methods that have fewer assumptions and are more
generalisable. It computes exact p-values, even for distributions that can
have weird shapes for which no theoretical approximation exist. A
t-statistic that may seem "high" from a parametric perspective (so with low
parametric p-value) may in fact be a common value in your experiment using
your data, hence a not so low p-value, which indeed you are observing.

This and other issues are discussed in the randomise papers:
this<http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hbm.1058>and
this <http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2014.01.060>.

All the best,

Anderson