Hi,
one last e-mail...I guess I found the difference. Turns out that the
original fsf file also states "set fmri(ncopeinputs) 2", so it is the
'GUI-version' which does something different by correcting this to the
amount of COPES it actually finds (and this is of course what I saw and why
I thought the command-line version did something odd). So all I need to do
is adjust the template.fsf and everything is fine. My apologies for all the
confusion!
Best, Johannes