Thanks everyone for your feedback so far - it's a bit of a logistical nightmare for all of us as teaching activities don't stop for the exam season.  Let's hope that the JCQ gods look kindly upon us all on the 3rd!

Sent: 08 April 2014 09:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Summer exams and access arrangements

Good morning

Our Sports Hall will be full with over 400 students and I need 30 rooms on top of that for GCSE English on 3 June. Maths isn't quite so bad. After a bit of negotiation, I'm using all our 2nd floor classrooms as my argument that my small team couldn't manage rooms over 11 different floors and run the exams properly was accepted. This, I hope, is what will happen as a matter of course next year and beyond as the numbers are only likely to get bigger.

All candidates with a reader are in small groups of 3 or 4 to share the reader, unless a student is entitled to a separate room in addition. I've also put some students with an AA of separate room in a very large room, so they will be well spaced out. I'm struggling to find 50 invigilators for that day and this is the only way to cope.

Gillian

Gillian Russell
Examinations and Assessments Manager
Kingston College