Hi Paul

I have written to both the EOA and JCQ asking if they have considered taking on these tools.  This was Nick Lait’s response :

The JCQ Operations Committee gave very careful consideration as to whether the JCQ, on behalf of its members, should host the on-line key dates calendar and the on-line timetable tool.

All members of the Committee were united in the belief that there was no need for the JCQ to host the two tools since key dates information is produced by each awarding body and the JCQ.

Timetable data is accessible from awarding bodies' websites and through MIS packages.The Department for Education is quite correct in its assertion that "all of the information within these applications is available via the awarding organisations and the Joint Council for Qualifications".

I find the interboard timetable invaluable and don’t have anything to replace it as we have our own internally written MIS system and don’t import basedata let alone anything else(don’t get me started!).  these tools going will make my job so much more laborious and increase the risk of human error. It may sound dramatic but on top of everything else it will seriously make me consider a change of career.

Sarah

Sarah Cassel-Gerard

Examinations Officer

Esher College