Dear All

Just thought I'd pass on information about a slight issue we've stumbled across.

We are still making a handful of applications for summer GCSE and GCE exams and sought advice on one from the JCQ.  We were advised that it was not acceptable to put in applications at this stage unless they were for temporary conditions.

To cut a long story short, we'd not noticed that the wording in the orange, formerly pink, book had changed and that 21st March was effectively no longer a soft deadline.  I contacted JCQ and they were sympathetic to our request and have allowed a small number of additional applications.

They've also advised that although the entry deadline for A Levels is 21st February next year that 'For the academic years 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17 the deadline date of 21 March will remain in place'.

I thought I'd share this in case anyone else has inadvertently missed the 21st March deadline.

Happy days!

Lorna Willmott
Exams and Achievement Manager
Oaklands College,
St Albans Campus (Smallford) , Hatfield Road, St Albans , Hertfordshire , AL4 0JA , United Kingdom
Switchboard: (+44) (0)1727 737 000 , DDI: (+44) (0)1727 737078 , Mobile:
WWW: http://www.oaklands.ac.uk

Oaklands College - Endless Possibilities