On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:43 PM, Katrin Kivimaa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear colleagues and friends,
A new, gender-neutral partnership law is currently under consideration in our parliament. The public opinions, as is not surprising for a post-Soviet state, are divided, but there is quite a lot of support for the law. However, existing support seems to lose its power in the face of a vicious and aggressive counter-petition which has been very vocal, and managed to collect a huge number of signatures. As I've heard from reliable sources, this has had some effect on several MPs who were initially supportive of the law. In this situation, any signs of public support, both from Estonia and abroad, are urgently needed, and one way to do this, is to support, or share, this petition.
Thank you for reading this, and with best wishes,
Kati Kivimaa