From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joy Wilson
Sent: 13 December 2013 18:01
To: Helen Mears
Subject: African Artifacts

Apologies for the delay - technical problems.

Apart from the headrest and headdress, the artifacts from Karamoja were obtained from Moroto prison on 26th April 1963.  They had just been confiscated by police after they had been used in an inter-tribal fight. The wooden shafts of the spears are not shown because of their length.

The Kalahari Bushmen artifacts were obtained in Botswana in the late 1970s.

The remaining objects are from the Buganda region of Uganda.

Please let me know if these are of interest to you, or any other museum with which you are in touch.

Joy Wilson

Notice to recipient:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed
and may contain information which is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is prohibited by law.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately.
Thank you in anticipation of your co-operation.

You can visit our website at http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk

Please consider the environment, only print out this email if absolutely necessary.

Please Note:  Both incoming and outgoing Emails may be monitored and/or recorded in line with current legislation.