*apologies for cross-postings*
Dear all,

We would like to take the opportunity to point out the Early Bird
registration deadline for reduced conference fees -*May **16th 2014 *-
for the EWCA 2014 conference in Frankfurt (Oder). You can register
online www.ewca14.eu <http://www.ewca14.eu>

Moreover, we would like to share the following information with you:

  * /*Discovering Poland*/

We are happy to inform you that now we can provide you with more
information on the Poland trip after the conference organised by "Marco
der Pole <http://www.marcoderpole.com.pl/index.php?id=kraj&kraj=1>":
*One-week-roundtrip: discover Poland - Poland Study Tour! July 23rd-
29th, starting from Frankfurt (Oder), ending in Berlin*
For further details, please have a look on our website www.ewca14.eu
<http://www.ewca14.eu> under "Additional Program Options" and for
registration please contact:
Marek Frysztacki, [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Deadline for registration: June 23rd 2014

  * /*Peer Tutoring Day*/

We would like to welcome peer writing tutors from all over the world to
join us for the European Peer Writing Tutor Day. This event is a special
educational day for peer tutors from different writing centres all
across the world. The event will start with an educational training day
on 18th July 2014 at the Writing Centre of the European University
Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder) and is organized by German and Polish peer
tutors from the European University Viadrina and the University of £ód¼.

The training will focus on exchanging knowledge and experiences with
different academic writing cultures, tutoring conferences/consultations
and other aspects concerning peer tutor work at a writing center. A
dinner will be organized in Slubice, on the Polish side of the river
Oder. All participants are welcome to join the EWCA Conference on 19th
July 2014 in the evening, after the Peer Tutor Day review and a
discussion of the future of global peer tutor work.

Further information can be found on the website www.ewca14.eu
<http://www.ewca14.eu> under "Peer Tutor Day". If you are interested in
participating, please send us a short note to [log in to unmask]

  * /*Call for Poster Presentations
    */

In order to match the number of high quality abstracts for presentations
and workshops, we are still looking for poster presentations. If you
would like to present a poster (Format A0), please feel free to hand in
your proposal. This is an excellent way to present writing centers,
personal experiences with writing or with the teaching and tutoring of
writing. Moreover, it is an amazing opportunity to connect with people
and become feedback on projets.

On our homepage you can find travel and venue information, indications
for hotels in Frankfurt (Oder) and on the Polish side, a presentation of
the keynotes and much more.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
Katrin Girgensohn &
*EWCA conference team*

Join us: http://www.ewca14.eu <http://www.ewca14.eu/>

: ) Schreibzentrum der Europa-Universität Viadrina
August-Bebel-Str. 12, Raum AB 115
Postfach 1786
15207 Frankfurt (Oder)
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]