Dear all,

I'd like to draw your attention to a short blog post I've written in conjunction with a display at the National Portrait Gallery, London, Facing Blindness: Visual Impairment in the Nineteenth Century. The display is on in the cases in room 24 of the NPG until 13 July 2014.

http://www.npg.org.uk/blog/challenging-stereotypes-nineteenth-century-portraits-of-blind-people.php?tags=exhibitions

With all good wishes,
Heather

-
Dr Heather Tilley
British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow
Exhibition curator: Touching the Book: Embossed Literature for Blind People in the Nineteenth Century
http://blogs.bbk.ac.uk/touchingthebook/