*Dear colleauges*

*Hope this email finds you well. Please find below a call for book chapters
below:*

*Call for book chapters*

 *Text (working title): *Disability and Development in Africa: Lessons
Learnt and the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda

*Editors: *Dr Tsitsi Chataika (University of Zimbabwe, Faculty of
Education, Department of Educational Foundations) & Prof Charles Ngwena
(University of Pretoria, Centre for Human Rights)

*Publisher:* Ashgate Publishing Limited, Surrey, United Kingdom

*Rationale:*

The purpose of this book is to document African experiences of disability
and development, with the intention of sharing best practices, challenges
and lessons learnt within the region, and forging the way forward towards
the post-2015 sustainable development agenda. We urge potential
contributors, regardless of their fields of training, to articulate their
ideas about disability and development from an activist, policy, practice,
research and conceptual perspectives. Possible areas include but are not
limited to:

   - Disability politics and activism in Africa
   - Disability mainstreaming in development processes
   - Inclusive Education (from early childhood to higher education)
   - Disability, human rights and the United Nations Convention on the
   Rights of Persons with Disabilities
   - Disability, human rights and the African Charter
   - Children and youth with disabilities
   - Disability and access to the physical environment, transportation,
   information and communication
   - Health  and Social Development
   - Employment Access
   -  Social Protection
   - Gender and disability
   - Political participation, conflicts and disability
   - Culture, ethics, religion and disability
   - African philosophies, human dignity and disability
   - Postcolonialism, development and global partnerships

Interested contributors are invited to submit, via email, a *250- 300 word
abstract* using Microsoft Word (.doc), British English, font size 12, and
Times New Roman by latest *9 May  2014 *to Dr Tsitsi Chataika -
[log in to unmask] and Prof Charles Ngwena - [log in to unmask]

**Please Note that an invitation to submit an abstract does not guarantee
contributing to the book. If your abstract is selected, we will expect you
to write a full paper, which is between 5000 and 7 000 words including
references. We will provide more information to those whose abstracts will
have been selected.*

*We are looking forward to getting your abstracts.*

*Regards*

*Dr Tsitsi Chataika and Prof Charles* Ngwena

--
Dr Tsitsi Chataika (Senior Lecturer)
Department of Educational Foundations

*International Day of Persons with Disabilities, 3 December 2013: Theme:
"Break barriers, open doors: for an inclusive society for all"*