Some background on some current practice in making exam answers (and this the questions) available:

I know in one university it's now mandatory to show students their marked exam papers including some written feedback on those papers. An exception is made for multiple choice questions, because those are recycled.

I have the feeling (but may be wrong, cf some other perspectives in this thread) that its now commonly believed in higher education that it is desirable to supply access to marked exam papers, and good quality written feedback on those answers is also desirable. This is for at least three reasons:
  • Increasing realisation that showing where marks are gained, and providing good written feedback is pedagogically useful (if that feedback read and acted on by students).

  • Students are much more becoming consumers of paid services, and have expectations of good feedback (even if they don't read and act on that feedback)

  • The National Student Survey, has a question or perhaps two on feedback received by each graduand filling in the survey. This tends to make unis supply as much good quality feedback as possible because results of the NSS are almost universally used by university applicants to select universities to apply to.
In the university I am most familiar with, student the results is generally dealt with by internal procedure either at department/school or faculty level.

I'm not sure if I have heard of examples of students legally challenging exam board results in court, but I have certainly heard academic staff discussing such a possibility. Perhaps someone here might know more.

regards
mark