Senior Lecturer in Criminology or Psychology Application Address: http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/jobs/index.htm Location: Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds Salary: Grade 8 £40,046 - £46,400 Contract type: Full time Contract term: Permanent Ref HSS282896C Faculty: Health & Social Sciences School/Area: School of Social, Psychological and Communication Sciences Social Sciences Group Senior Lecturer in Criminology or Psychology Permanent Full-time Grade 8 £40,046 - £46,400 We are looking for inspiring and enthusiastic academic colleagues to make a key contribution to developing and broadening our Criminology and Psychology provision through teaching, research and enterprise. You will have experience of teaching in Criminology and/or Psychology in HE and a demonstrable ability to substantially work across the two disciplines. You will have a doctoral qualification in Criminology or Psychology (or a related area) and be able to deliver across a range of modules on our Undergraduate, Postgraduate programmes, as well as provide course and/or module leadership within the disciplines. Working in the Criminology group, which sits within the School of Social, Psychological and Communication Sciences, you will contribute to an expanding group of undergraduate programmes in BA (Hons) Criminology, BA (Hons) Criminology and Psychology and MSc Criminology. The Criminology group has a critical and applied ethos with an undergraduate and postgraduate population of c. 700 students and recruitment to these courses is healthy, and opportunities for PhD supervision are expanding. We especially encourage applications from those that will further expand our teaching and research into psychology related to crime but also welcome applications from candidates who have research and teaching interests in: Images of Crime Rehabilitation and Probation Crime prevention and community sanctions Crimes of the powerful/ and or state crimes Drugs and crime Forensics and crime Research methods and methodologies Further details about our research expertise and our newly launched research centre can be found here: http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/research/Criminology.htm https://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/research/centre-for-applied-social-research-ceasr.htm Further details about the School can be found here: http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/hss/social-psychological-and-communication-sciences.htm For a confidential and informal discussion, please contact Dr Maggie Leese at [log in to unmask] Further details and an application form are available from our website http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/jobs/index.htm Closing date 8 May 2014