Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Joel Tyndall
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. April 2014 11:45
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] AW: appropriate torsion angles

Dear Herman and Paul,

Thanks for your input. I have already looked at the  CSD and it conclusively tells me that both nitrogens are tetrahedral and both have a phenyl ring. I have added appropriate chiral restraints for the nitrogens. That part I am comfortable with. What I am looking to do is make the two (four) carbon atoms flexible enough (not adopt chair or boat alone) such that they could be a twisted boat conformation or the like. I need to adopt the opposite chirality at one of the nitrogens, probably the other, ensure that both adjacent phenyl rings remain relative stable (positionally) and optimise a H-bond to a water molecule

Herman, the molecule in question are known drug (itraconazole & posaconazole) so we don't have the option to not use it. It is hard to know what conformation (mess) is correct but I believe I had enough evidence to put my argument forward the way I believe it should go, I just need the parameters.

Regularizing in Coot doesn't help

Thanks both.

Joel

________________________________
Joel Tyndall, PhD
Associate Professor in Medicinal Chemistry
National School of Pharmacy
University of Otago
PO Box 56 Dunedin 9054
New Zealand