Department of Chemistry
Colgate University
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346

tel: (315)-228-7245
ofc: (315)-228-7395
fax: (315)-228-7935
email: [log in to unmask]

On 4/10/2014 1:59 PM, Anamika Singh wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear All,

I want to get some help regarding crystallization for one of the protein I am working. This is a recombinant protein of molecular weight of 17.5 kDa. I am getting crystals shape like thin plates in 5 days, in different conditions like bis tris pH 6.5-8, HEPES pH 6-8 with .1M nacl , .01M DTT having PEG 3350, PEG 6000 as precipitant. But whenever we used to put crystal in cryoprotectant like 20 % ethylene glycol, glycerol, MPD it used to split like layers of some tree barks.
And the crystal which were diffracting not getting diffracted above 3.0 Angstrom.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
--
Anamika