"the thousand signatories"? So, a hundred thousand dollars in some currency... this proposed donating is the basis for saying people are being insufficiently "constructive", because they don't want the primary, global MECW resource to be taken off the net so a few people working for some collective that was once connected to the CPGB can continue to try to scrape some revenue on the basis of their legal ownership of translation rights to the most significant revolutionary theory/works in history?

I genuinely feel like I am on a different planet than most people here.
On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 12:39 PM, Andrew Kliman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Benjamin,

What about Alan Freeman’s suggestion?: “Why don’t the thousand signatories to the L&W letter pledge to raise $100 each per year for an electronic version of the text to be kept online, for example? This would be somewhat more constructive, I think.”

From: [log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" class="" style="">benjamin rosenzweig
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" class="" style="">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: the disappearing Marx Engels Archive

I know that people are mostly academics here, but the idea that the removal of these texts from the internet is a good idea because of the intellectual property rights or financial needs of L+W is unbelievable. The idea that this becomes ok if people try to put a few more hardcopies in libraries...what planet are you people on? What kind of weird-ass privileged positions are you writing from where you think this makes sense?