Dear all,

Could anyone please give me the definitive answer on this? We are in the process of digitising our cinefilm, and our media department are keen to then publicise it to a wider audience. I am however concerned about copyright - they reckon copyright in film expires after 50 years, but the reading I've done from the National Archives suggests it is '70 years after the death of the last to die of the principal director, the authors of the screenplay and dialogue, and the composer of music'. So, who's right?

We have a lot of cinefilm, most of which has come from organisations like BBC, ITN, ABC, and some of which is in such a poor state that we have had to send it away without knowing anything about what is on it!

Sorry for what must seem like a simple question but as the only archivist at Lord's I have no-one else to turn to but Jiscmail!

Kind regards, Robert

Robert Curphey
Marylebone Cricket Club
Tel: 0207 616 8559
www.lords.org

Lord's Ground | London | NW8 8QN

'MCC - Keeping Lord's World Class'

Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?