Posted on behalf of the Group Committee:

The CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group Annual Study Conference is open for booking!

New Space for Old Books: Building for the Future

Wednesday, 27 August 2014 -  Friday 29 August, 2014

The Sir Duncan Rice Library, The University of Aberdeen

This year's conference will explore issues relating to how we accommodate our special collections. Themes will encompass:

*         Building new libraries, with candid case studies from Aberdeen and elsewhere

*         Adapting historic buildings for modern usage

*         Making the most of what we have: practical tips for smaller projects and lower budgets

*         Building for safety and preservation: formal and informal advice on how best to protect our collections.

 More information can be found here: http://bit.ly/1hpAo9i

As usual we are pleased to offer bursary places to students and new professionals and more information can be found about these at the link above.
Keith M C O'Sullivan
Senior Rare Books Librarian
Library, Special Collections & Museums
The Sir Duncan Rice Library
The University of Aberdeen
Aberdeen AB24 3AA
Scotland, UK
T:  +44 (0) 1224 272928
F: +44 (0) 1224 273891
E:  [log in to unmask]

The University of Aberdeen Open Day
Tuesday 26th August 2014
8.45am - 3.30pm
For more information or to book a place, visit
www.abdn.ac.uk/openday<http://www.abdn.ac.uk/openday>