The Templeman Library at the University of Kent is building an extension which includes a new basement storage area for our Special Collections and the British Cartoon Archive material. We are now planning the Big Underground Move which is scheduled to take place early next year. The material comprises of old books (most  need cleaning), boxes of artwork (some quite heavy), plan chests of playbills, crockery, frames, steel cabinets of glass negatives. We would be interested to hear of any experiences of moving an archive, tips on what to look out, names of suppliers of relevant services required etc.

Many thanks
Jane

Jane Newton
British Cartoon Archive