What does the history of the MP3 format mean for those interested in
ensuring long-term access to our digital cultural heritage? In this
installment of the NDSA’s Insights interview
series<http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/category/insights-interview/%20?loclr=blogsig>I
talk with historian Jonathan Sterne about his book *MP3:
The Meaning of a Format*. You can read the introduction to his
book<http://www.scribd.com/doc/96153131/MP3-by-Jonathan-Sterne>,
titled “Format Theory,” online. You can also read an interview about the
book on Pitchfork<http://pitchfork.com/features/paper-trail/8913-jonathan-sterne/>
.

http://1.usa.gov/1pnxJ5y

http://1.usa.gov/1pnxJ5y+