Methodist Women in Britain is the current  women's organisation within the Methodist Church in Britain. I am assured that men are welcome at their meetings, and women play a central role in all aspects of the church, of course. We currently have a female President of Conference (the leader of British Methodism) for example.

Methodist Women in Britain are currently looking to deposit the records of their predecessor bodies, Women's Network and Women's Fellowship, and planning to write a history of women's work within British Methodism.

As you will all know, it is the policy of the Methodist Church to deposit local records in the appropriate local record office, so this email is to let you know that you may be contacted by District and Circuit representatives of Methodist Women in Britain. Any records they wish to deposit are to be regarded as official records of the Methodist Church.

Many thanks

Philip Thornborow

Liaison Officer for Methodist Archives
Methodist Church in Britain