Dear all,

I asked Wim Kuijper about the nutmeg find on a Dutch ship wreck, and it is Burgzand North 8 (unpublished, sinking of the ship dated around 1660), indeed another wreck than the published Burgzand North 4 which contained barrels with coffee beans (published in Analecta Praehistorica Leidensia).

oTTo

________________________________
Van: The archaeobotany mailing list [[log in to unmask]] namens Sabine Karg [[log in to unmask]]
Verzonden: woensdag 23 april 2014 11:20
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: SV: Nutmeg finds

Dear Karen,

For the archaeobotanical records from Northern Europe (Baltic Sea region incl. Norway) you could also check the articles in the publication:

Karg S. (ed.): Medieval Food Traditions in Northern Europe. PNM Series of the National Museum of Denmark. Studies in Archaeology and History 12. Copenhagen, 2007, 230 pages.

I attach the table of contents.

Best wishes
Sabine

Dr. Sabine Karg