Il giorno 29/apr/2014 02:40, "C4P Cyber4Paleo" <[log in to unmask]> ha
scritto:

> Advances And Emergent Needs in Paleogeoscience Cyberinfrastructure
>

> Tuesday, April 29, 4-5p Eastern Time.
>

> Semantics and Linked Open Data and GeoDeepDive
>

> The topics for the next C4P Webinar are Semantics and Linked Open Data
(Tom Narock, Marymount University) and GeoDeepDive (Shanan Peters,
University of Wisconsin).

> The link to the webinar is
>
> WebEx link for April 29, 4-5p ET (the date stated at the link updates
weekly)

> If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 73131647
>
> Note: if you have had problems logging on to the WebEx, inform us at
>

> For plain text postings where the link did not show up: Any updated links
or information as well as the updated webinar schedule and archived
presentations will be posted at

> http://workspace.earthcube.org/c4p/content/c4p-webinars
>

> Semantics and Linked Open Data (Tom Narock, Marymount University)
>
> http://workspace.earthcube.org/oceanlink
>

> A wide spectrum of maturing methods and tools, collectively characterized
as the Semantic Web, is helping to vastly improve the dissemination of
scientific research. Creating semantic integration requires input from both
domain and cyberinfrastructure scientists. The OceanLink project, an
EarthCube Building Block, is demonstrating semantic technologies through
the integration of ocean science data repositories, library holdings,
conference abstracts, and funded research awards. We will present Semantic
Web technologies, such as Linked Open Data, in the context of ocean science
data discovery and integration.

> GeoDeepDive (Shanan Peters, University of Wisconsin)
>
> http://hazy.cs.wisc.edu/hazy/geo/
>

> The goal of this EarthCube Building Block proposal is to leverage machine
reading and learning approaches in order to access data and knowledge that
are buried in the text, tables, and figures of published documents,
sometimes called "dark data." To bring dark data to light, we are using the
Hazy research group's machine reading system, DeepDive, to create
GeoDeepDive and PaleoDeepDive. In this presentation Peters will give an
overview of the current successes and challenges in this endeavor.

> The format is 20 minutes per presenter, with two main parts: (a) a
show-and-tell presentation of the science and the resource (b) discussion
of the key informatics needs that the resource is facing. The intended
audience for this webinar is professional paleogeoscientists and
cyber/computer scientists.  All webinars will be recorded and publicly
archived at http://workspace.earthcube.org/c4p/content/c4p-webinars.