Epidemiology Manager: Database Analytics

OXON Epidemiology Ltd.

We are looking for an epidemiologist/medical statistician to undertake pharmacoepidemiological research. The position is full-time, permanent and available immediately. We are located in London by Euston station. This position reports to the Director of Epidemiology at OXON. Salary will be competitive and based on experience.

The main responsibility will be the execution of pharmaco-epidemiological database studies. Specifically, this will need the post holder to apply their scientific skills to carry out:

* study design

* protocol writing (including statistical analysis plans)

* creation of data specification documentation to facilitate data management

* statistical analysis

* report writing and medical writing

Personal skills will be applied to:

* liaising with data managers

* collaboration with other OXON scientists

* developing relationships with external experts and consultants

* work with Pharma industry scientists in order to understand their needs and convert them into relevant, useful, accurate and unbiased research

Typically we carry out analyses using UK primary care databases. However, the post holder will also have the opportunity to develop the area of bespoke field studies, chart review studies and the related project management. Where appropriate, the post holder will also participate in manuscript writing and systematic literature reviews.

We envisage a certain degree of client communication and participation in proposal development.

We expect that the post holder will have the skills and experience to be able to carry out the above mentioned tasks. Ideally the post holder should be able to program and conduct analyses in SAS or STATA. Knowledge of European health systems and available data would be valued. The post holder is expected to have excellent spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages would be useful but not essential.

Travel for meetings and conferences, usually within Europe, is envisioned.

About OXON Epidemiology Ltd.

OXON Epidemiology is a multidisciplinary scientific service provider. Our goal is to provide high quality, unbiased, evidence in the areas of drug safety, pharmacoepidemiology and health economics scientific research to the pharmaceutical industry. For more information see: www.oxonepi.com

We are based in central London and Madrid.

OXON’s ethos is to provide space and encouragement for original scientific thought so that projects benefit from the best design and execution. We will provide facilities for professional training. You will be encouraged to undertake personal medical/statistical research whilst respecting the priority of OXON’s project work.

For more information please contact us at: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes

Michelle Johnson, MSc BSc

Manager of Database Analytics

OXON Epidemiology Ltd.

Tel: +44 (0)20 3574 4617

Visit our website: www.oxonepi.com

OXON is an ENCePP centre and leads its ‘Data Integration Group’ at the European Medicines Agency.

A 5-year alliance with a (10th largest) global CRO for study operations permits OXON to run pan-European, Asian and Latin American studies.

Visit our website: www.oxonepi.com for Lancet (x6), JAMA (x1), BMJ (x3) and other co-authored publications.

SIGNOFF allstat