Alicja Lasota-Moskalewska  (http://www.archeo.uw.edu.pl/szablon.php?id=743) has had a major impact on the field in Poland and was very kind and supportive to a novice zooarchaeologist several decades ago, for which I am grateful.

--Peter Bogucki (private)

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 15:17:21 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] R: [ZOOARCH] Women in Zooarchaeology
To: [log in to unmask]

Dorothea Bate !!!!

Da: Analysis of
animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Per
conto di Jacqui Mulville

Inviato: giovedì 6 marzo 2014 13.39

A: [log in to unmask]

Oggetto: [ZOOARCH] Women in Zooarchaeology

Hello,

I am off to a conference to speak on women
in archaeology and so I have been reflecting on my career path and that of
other women in zooarchaeology.  I would welcome suggestions from  the
community of ZOOARCH women as to their role models, and any reflections as to
whether zooarchaeology is different to tradtional archaeology in terms of the
gender balance.

At present I am looking at this from my own
British perspective, where women such as Barbara Noddle, Caroline
Grigson,  Juliet Clutton-Brock, Jenny Coy, Jennifer Bourdillion and Dale
Serjeantson all provided me with zooarchaeological role models.

So who inspired you? And is zooarchaeology
a good place to pursue a career as a woman?  Please reply on or off list.

(Also feel free to have a similar
conversation about other groups within our discipline)

Best wishes,

Dr Jacqui
Mulville

0044 29208 74427