For the transcript of an interview with walker and photographer, Paul Gaffney click here

In 2012 Gaffney walked over 3,500 kilometres with the aim of creating a body of work which would explore the idea of long distance walking as a form of meditation and personal transformation. The resulting book, We Make The Path By Walking, has received numerous listings from magazines and the like for being one of the photo books of 2013, and the work has had several solo exhibitions). I caught up with him to discuss the practice and philosophies of the man who is happy to be called a walker and  ‘contemporary landscape photographer’.

Best, w

Walter Lewis - Photographer
Exploring a Deep Ecology
www.spiritoftheland.co.uk

Research Associate of the WALK Centre, University of Sunderland
A Member of Mimeses North and LAND2 networks