Dear members of the STS community,

I am writing to inform you of a new publishing model for our society's journal, Textual Cultures. After the publication of the 8.1 issue, STS concluded its contract with Indiana University Press, and 8.1 became the last print issue of the journal. Beginning with 8.2 later this year, we will publish in an online, open-source format, through an arrangement with Indiana U's Scholar Works Services. Textual Cultures, under the editorship of Dan O'Sullivan, will remain a peer-reviewed journal, with exactly the same processes of review for submitted manuscripts, and the same high standards for scholarly rigor. STS will also retain its contracts with Project Muse and J-Stor.

Some of you have received checks recently from IUP refunding the balance of your membership. In order to renew your membership, please visit our (redesigned) website, textualsociety.org, under "Membership Information," or simply click here: http://textualsociety.org/membership-information/. The STS board is finalizing plans at this year's Seattle meeting for our new membership model, but membership will now include automatic subscription to a regular e-mail newsletter with information about projects and opportunities of interest to our members.

At the banquet in Seattle, we will hold a members' meeting, where I will speak further about these developments, and will welcome questions and conversation. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime, and I hope to see you later this week.

Best,
John

Dr. John Young
Professor, Department of English