Dear Yuko,

Let’s say you have a negative estimate for a modulatory input A from Region X to Region Y. This would suggest that Region X causes a reduction in the rate of change of Region Y. This isn’t exactly a negative correlation, but it matches the interpretation you are looking for.

Best,

Peter.

From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yuko
Sent: 09 March 2014 03:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] About DCM design

Dear SPM experts,

I would like to know if I can detect negative correlations between ROIs using DCM.

My hypothesis is that a neural projection from ROI(1) to ROI(2) suppresses neural activity in ROI(2) during condition A.

I would like to test this hypothesis.

Can I test this hypothesis using DCM (or PPI)?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Yuko