Dear SocRel members,

On April 9-10 2014, the Death Online Research Network and Durham University's Centre for Death and Life Studies are co-hosting an international research symposium on the theme of "death online".

As digital media have become an integral part of our everyday life, so have death and our afterlife become inextricably interwoven with technology. Marking the formation of an international research network within the field, the first Death Online Research Symposium will focus on current research into the digital mediation of dying, death, mourning and personal legacy, in order to explore and discuss how online connectivity is changing how, when and where we engage with death.

Confirmed keynote speaker at the symposium will be Professor Tony Walter, Director of the Centre for Death and Society at the University of Bath. Invited speakers will include Professor Douglas Davies (Durham University) and Professor Steve Jones (University of Illinois at Chicago).

For more information (or to join the Death Online Research Network), visit http://deathonlineresearch.net/

The full programme for this event is available here: http://deathonlineresearch.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DORT-prog-final.pdf

You can register for this conference here: https://www.dur.ac.uk/conference.booking/details/?id=306

Registration costs £30 for both days, with additional costs for dinner and accommodation.

We hope to see you there!

Tim Hutchings

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.
To  join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>
Send contributions to the list by
sending messages to: [log in to unmask]
To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>