Hello all

I wonder if others are seeing the same position being taken by their institutions. In the understandable push to meet a university KPI setting the percentage of staff to be accredited we are being told:

Accredited teaching qualifications comprise

(i)                  PGC in Learning and Teaching in HE (awarded on or after 1996)

(ii)                 (ii) the equivalent from another HE institution or

(iii)                (iii) recognition as a Fellow of the HEA (FHEA). Nothing else meets the university KPI.

Surely FSEDA trumps FHEA?!

Are we aware of any UK-wide guidance that could be used to persuade our institution that SEDA fellowship is just as valid? Or do I really have to get HEA fellowship as well?

Thanks

Peter