Dear colleagues,

greetings from Sydney. Am I right in thinking that the process of
peer-observation among  academics  in the UK is normally facilitated by
Learning and Teaching Centers (Academic or Educational Development teams)
and in some way empowered if not pushed by either:

1. Participation in the PGCert in HE
2. An Acceleration RPogramme towards Fellowship of HEA or similar
3. Promotion Criteria (Teaching Route)?

Can you think of other internal or external initiatives that are associated
with Peer Observation? At MQ we are looking into possibilities to launch a
Peer Observation Process but ideally we are looking for what may be called
intrinsic motivation for academics to do as opposed to extrinsic? If you
can share an example or two that does not fit in any of the above three
'motives' , would you mind sharing it here?

Thank you so much...although in Sydney now, I am still enjoying this
mailist and learn a lots from you all!

Panos

--

*Dr Panos Vlachopoulos, Senior Lecturer in Higher Education
Development*Learning

Check out my professional profile and connect with me on
LinkedIn<http://lnkd.in/bYWs3yH>.