(with apologies for cross-posting)

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Rauch, Alan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 4 March 2014 20:16:01 GMT

(Apologies for cross-posting): Members of the list may be interested in this very recent call for papers dealing with the Ballad.  Depending on submissions, the session may fit into the Presidential theme: Negotiating Sites of Memory.  The thrust of the call (necessarily short) is to move beyond provenance, variations, and taxonomies to address the substance, impact, and application of the ballad form.

The Ballad Beyond Bibliography:
Ballads are a robust medium for the dissemination of social knowledge and attitudes; what is the meaningful life of ballads within cultures? 1 page abstract  – bio by 15 March 2014;
Alan Rauch ([log in to unmask]).

I look forward to your questions and/or submissions.

Alan
__
ALAN RAUCH
| Professor of English || Co-Editor with Martin Willis |
Intersections in Literature and Science |
|University of Wales Press |
| Department of English  | UNC Charlotte |
| Charlotte, NC 28223 | [log in to unmask] |
| Tel: 704-687-0391 | http://webpages.uncc.edu/~arauch/

Duncan Jones
Association for Scottish Literary Studies
7 University Gardens
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QH, UK

Tel/Fax: +44 (0)141 330 5309

ASLS is supported by Creative Scotland
ASLS is a registered charity no. SC006535