Dear Listserve members,

Please find attached call for papers for the annual conference for History
of Women Religious of Britain & Ireland that will take place at the
University of Glasgow, 29-30 August 2014.

The conference theme is: *Nuns' Literacies -Medieval to Modern*.

Any aspect of literacy & women religious of Britain & Ireland including but
not limited to:

*             Reading

*             Writing

*             Learning

*             Textual cultures

*             Book ownership

*             Education of women religious

*             Visual literacy

*             Numeracy

*             Texts written by or read by women religious

*             Latin and vernacular texts

*             Language

*             Communication & exchange of texts

*             Record keeping & governance

*             Letters

*             Map and plan making

*             Musicology

*             Female agency & power

*             Codocology

*             Community libraries

*             Acts of reading and writing

*             Community texts

*             Printing

*             Craft & creation

*             Stereotypes of women religious & literacy

You can also find the info on our website:

http://www.history.ac.uk/history-women-religious/annual-conference

Scotland has been voted one of the top 3 destinations to visit in 2014 -
 and we are very excited to host the conference at the University of
Glasgow. The venue is one of the historic buildings on campus and home of
the Glasgow University Union. We are co-sponsored by the Scottish Religious
Cultures Network<http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/critical/research/researchcentresandnetworks/srcn/>
.

Send abstracts* of no more than 200 words to: [log in to unmask]

*Please include title of the paper, email contact details & affiliation

 Deadline 28 March 2014

If you have any further questions about the conference please feel free to
contact the conference organisers at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you in Glasgow!