Hi All,

With apologies for spamming the inbox of those who this e-mail does not relate to, I am a graduate (well, since three years ago!) looking for a way to get my foot in the door in the science communication world.

I graduated with a Biology with Science Communication degree and have since undertaken some healthcare PR work, although my greater love Biology-wise is the environmental sciences. Currently I do admin work as a day job but have begun to tutor a couple of people in the sciences.

With that in mind, I am really keen to explore how I can immerse myself in the world of science communication, preferably with an entry level job role where I can really put my skills, experience and qualifications to good use! Does anyone know a good way to explore finding such roles (or, indeed, if anyone has any vacancies they know about)? Alternatively, I am also looking for freelance roles - again, any advice would be greatly appreciated on this. I have extensive experience in copywriting (my main skill area), as well as multimedia production and editing - radio and film inclusive.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, sent to this e-mail address and not to the whole list (unless relevant). I have found it tough to get into the science communication world as a young professional thus far but would be gladly rid of this restricting attitude!

Many thanks for your help! Wishing you all a lovely day!

Kind regards,

--
Taz Jagdev

BSc Biology with Science Communication
Not Rocket Science Communications
Freelance Writer and Media Content Producer

LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/taz-jagdev/54/522/457
Blog: www.valistrianchronicles.wordpress.com

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com