Dear all,

The University of Exeter's Sex and History project, which uses objects from the past to get people talking about sex and sexual health today, is pleased to tell you about two exciting projects this Spring and Summer.

Intimate Worlds: Exploring Sexuality through the Sir Henry Wellcome Collection
On 5th April we open our special exhibition Intimate Worlds: Exploring Sexuality through the Sir Henry Wellcome Collection​ at Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter (5 April-29 June 2014).

This will be the first dedicated showcase of erotic and sexually-related artefacts collected by medical history collector Sir Henry Wellcome. They reveal the varieties and complexities of the way that sex has been understood and represented across global history. This incredible collection, much of which has never been on display before, is being used as a springboard for discussions about sexuality in the exhibition and beyond.

We hope you can join us for our public talks, tours and performances on the past, present and future of sexuality.

http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/sexandhistory/intimate-worlds-exhibition/
http://www.rammuseum.org.uk/exhibitions/intimate-worlds-exploring-sexuality-through-the-sir-henry-wellcome-collection

Teaching resource and training
To coincide with the exhibition we have teamed up with South West based agency RSE Hub to produce a free teaching resource pack for Relationships and Sex Education (RSE), Key Stages 4&5 and free training for teachers and all professionals working with people aged 14 and above. The resource demonstrates our tried and tested method of using historical objects as a safer route to discussions about sensitive subjects such as pornography, consent, and gender roles.​ The resource can be used on its own as part of a sex education programme, or to complement a trip to our special exhibition.

Book your FREE training place: http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/sexandhistory/sex-and-relationships-education/
For more details on the exhibition, its participatory programme and Sex and History's wider work with schools, youth groups and charities, please see our website and get in touch for more details! http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/sexandhistory/

Mrs Grace Williams
Communications and Impact Officer
Centre for Medical History
University of Exeter