Pat, from our friends at Wiki pee:

The term bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/)[1] is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from an unsophisticated background or someone whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplify a lack of manners and education.[2]

Hadn't thought about the 'bog' element. Heaney no one's idea of a bogan. What about a 'to bog (g) an'?

Bill