Hi All

I wondered if you might be able to help out with the following?  If replying, could you please copy in my colleague Alistair Lockhart-Smith (CCd) who is not part of the SIG group?

NIACE, along with a network of organisations from 8 other European countries, are developing a comprehensive training course that will enable staff in adult education to learn more about European developments and adult education in other countries

As a result, a large number of materials and resources will be created in order to: share good practice; provide information, advice, and guidance (IAG); and support exchange between different generations of adult education staff (intergenerational learning), learning experts and peers. The materials produced by the network will be made available to a transnational audience for wider dissemination, with the aim that the materials are shared and adapted to take into account different learning contexts and cultures. This does raise the issue of copyright and how we control this, and as such the network has come up with the following statement:

“Adhering to and implementing the Creative Commons licensing tools provides a legal way for you to use, share, and adapt copyrighted AE-PRO material, but you must attribute the AE-PRO network as the creator. The AE-PRO network encourages the dissemination of its material, but it is important that you use the same licence when distributing your work. You cannot use the material for commercial purposes. For further information please visit the Creative Commons website: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.”

On behalf of the network, we would very much appreciate it if you could cast an expert eye over the above statement. We would welcome and thoughts that you might have.

Kind regards

--

Kevin Campbell-Wright | Project Officer (Digital) | Centre for Life Skills

NIACE | 21 De Montfort Street | Leicester | LE1 7GE

Tel: 0116 204 2837 | Mob. 07917 123 089 | Twitter: @KevAtNIACE | Web: www.niace.org.uk