Think it could be interesting to co author a piece comparing open education developments across the home nations.

Cheers
Lorna

On 18 Mar 2014, at 11:51, Jacqueline Carter wrote:

Thanks for responses Haydn, Joe, Debbie and David,

You’ve confirmed some of what I expected – size matters and how nations work together. NDLR in its time was a great example of what Ireland achieved with grass roots and senior buy-in. Policy and practice working well to produce a virtuous circle. And the social responsibility angle is also a key driver and factor for persuading decision makers.

I attended the Nuffield/Hefce/ESRC funded Q-Step launch yesterday and asked about sharing teaching content and  building on lessons learned through Jisc and HEA programmes. I think there is still considerable work to do to bring senior decision makers in England on board with sharing, but also a great opportunity to do so.

Anyone fancy co-authoring a piece with me for ‘The Conversation’ on this?

Jackie

From: Open Educational Resources [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Haydn Blackey
Sent: 18 March 2014 11:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Scottish Open Education Declaration

Hi Jackie,

I think the fact that Universities in Wales already work closely with each other, and that the Minister of Education (in Wales, unlike England, the ministry covers all ages of education) had seen the advantage of OERs to widening access and engagement with learners in more challenging social circumstances, were the two key drivers.

Running around getting signatures and making sure one institution didn’t go off on its own – where the more mundane, day to day parts of the process.

Cheers,
Haydn