Hi List.
I’m GH.
I am an experimental artist. I work with, computers, video, sound, performance, lights, interactivity, installation etc..
I recently had an exhibition here in New York city at Transfer gallery in Brooklyn.  The exhibition featured works that were performative and/or interactive in various ways. For example I coded a postbrowser interface that uses a kinect camera to immerse the viewer in the data. The viewer can move the data around in the virtual 3D space.  Another work is video projections of rant performances projected on furniture. The work has 4 channel sound embedded in the sculpture. The viewer must walk around and lean into the piece to experience it.  A third work has copies of Joseph Albers paintings used as AR markers. I built a moveable trolley system that resembles an iPad robot rig to move an ipad into to range to view the augmentations.  The last work is a series of hacked antique portable radios that have various playists playing on embedded mp3 players. In this instance the viewer(listener) must lean into the radio to focus their hearing.   These works both extrinsically and intrinsically use code as performance. Sometimes the code is a simple algorithm ((if) then do this (else) that).  Or the bodys gestures trigger the code. Or the coding allows for a breach of viewing conventions.

Here’s a link to a blog description and some photos.
On Mar 3, 2014, at 5:22 AM, Victoria Bradbury <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> To start the discussion, please introduce yourself and let us know how you
> see the following question in relation to your practice:
>

> *In what ways is performativity expressed in code?*

G.H. Hovagimyan
http://nujus.net/~gh
http://nujus.net/~nublog
http://artistsmeeting.org