Hi gh & list

I don't think you understand picnolepsy and it is quite an
important point, in terms of the momentary blurring of the real
and the symbolic. I want to raise this issue in terms of performativity
and code because I think it is important  that mental health is included
in  all your deliberations. Why? You might ask. Because as  Virilio says
it is a mental matter - how we interact with screens and machines.

Rehearsal of Memory (Harwood) -  oh btw yr operating system won't support
it anymore, so I guess that makes it a performative  work...

London (Harwood) exhibited in Old Media  at Bristol's  Arnolfini was a
synthesis
between Blake's poem  and  a computer program. The point is that in 2010  as
opposed to 1996 it  was a print which made you think about the symbolic and
the real in terms of programming and poetry, and POLIITICS

Meanwhile eating disorders and self harm  abound on Tumblr
'I'll self harm  if you  will' etc...

Artists and curators are failing young people especially in the
technological sphere by not addressing the reality of screen
use and abuse etc

performativity   is yet another distraction when it could   be an
apprehension of what is  meant by the  symbolic  and the real
in terms of computing

Sarah