Dear Paulo,

Andy Bentley at Kansas was kind enough to bring the NatSCA database and website to my attention.  There is a lot of similarity between this website and the Global Registry of Biological Repositories<http://www.grbio.org/> (GRBio) that was formed by the merger of Index Herbariorum, BCI and biorepositories.org.  There are probably about 500 biorepositories in the UK that are already registered in GRBio.

Would  you be willing to consider the following arrangement?  We would gladly provide you with periodic downloads of the UK records in GRBio, including their GPS coordinates for map display, if you would steer people to GRBio to enter their data.  We also moderate the data that is entered to filter out bad data and spam.  This would relieve you of the burden of entering data and would provide you with a global source of information.

I'd be happy to discuss this with you on the phone or a Skype call.

Thanks and regards,

David

Barcode of Wildlife Project now on Google+<https://plus.google.com/107778383819228315340/posts>

David E. Schindel, Executive Secretary

Consortium for the Barcode of Life
202/633-0812; fax 202/633-2938; portable 202/557-1149
CBOL WEBSITE: http://www.barcoding.si.edu<http://www.barcoding.si.edu/>

Office and overnight delivery address:

   National Museum of Natural History
   Room 370