See also Jacobus de Voragine. *The Golden Legend: Readings on the Saints.
Vol. 2*. Edited and translated by William Granger Ryan. Princeton, 1993,
89-90:
"The angel gave the Virgin a palm branch sent from heaven as assurance of
victory over the corruption of death, and the clothing for her burial, and
then repaired to heaven whence he had come".

There is another representation of the Virgin with a palm in the St Alban
Psalter:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/stalbanspsalter/english/commentary/page010.shtml

Andre Yves Bourges