Hello again

Another comment from some of our academic users is that they find the list view of Aspire too 'texty'. They already use other tools that are longs lists of words, and would like to see in the Aspire list view some of the content that's currently a click away at the item view. For example, book jackets, or previews of web pages, a bit like Amazon lists.  I imagine it would need to be collapsible by something, like sections for example,  as otherwise some long lists would be enormously long on screen.  There are also moves in other areas, like library catalogues, to have more content in the list view to avoid clicking into item records, so there is a precedent for this. Is this something you've heard your users comment on? I'm personally OK with text but it's increasingly mentioned so I don't want to ignore it.  I will raise an Idea for it, but wanted to know if we're a lone voice before I commit votes! Also interested in Talis staff comments of course.

Claire

Claire Eskriett, Systems Librarian
(Days of work are Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri)
Information Services
Cockcroft Building
University of Brighton
Lewes Road