Apologies for cross-posting

We are pleased to announce that booking is now open for our next Collection
Development Seminar for Academic Libraries.

It will be held at The Studio in Birmingham on Wednesday 21st May 2014, and
further details about the content and times will be publicised here
<http://www.nag.org.uk/events/2014/02/fourth-collection-development-seminar-
for-academic-libraries-to-take-place-in-birmingham-may-2014/>  as they
become available. The seminar is suitable both for people who have attended
any of the previous seminars in this series, and for new attendees.

The cost is £140 for NAG members and £190 for non-members.  Booking is now
open, please complete the booking form
<http://www.nag.org.uk/booking-form/> here , or to join NAG first go to
<http://www.nag.org.uk/nag-membership/application-for-nag-membership/> this
page

The development of library collections is an evolving landscape that is
keenly felt by academic libraries.  With rising user expectation and ongoing
pressure on library budgets, academic libraries are required to demonstrate
value.  How best to achieve this and how can libraries respond to changes
affecting supply and access to resources?  This seminar will explore the
issues facing today’s academic libraries, their impact on services and
explore the possible solutions and tools to assist librarians to deliver the
deliverable.

 Our confirmed speakers to date represent a cross section of interests in
this changing world and include -

*         Jill Taylor-Roe (University of Newcastle)
*         Steve Sharp (University of Leeds)
*         Ben Showers (JISC)
*         Angela Conyers (JUSP)
*         Jaqui Holborn (Askews and Holts Library Services Ltd )

The day will explore a number of key themes including -

*         The future of collections though their management and development.
*         New methods to acquire resources
*         Open Access: what does it mean for academic libraries? Is it a new
beginning or a nice ideal?
*         Using Journal Usage Statistics Portal (JUSP) to demonstrate value
*         The role of the supplier in supporting the future
*         Collaborative partnerships and their role in shaping future
services

If you have any questions about this seminar, please contact the NAG office
at  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask], we’ll be delighted
to help you.

Judith

Judith Rhodes, LL.B. (Hons.), Dip. Lib., MCLIP.

Administrator

National Acquisitions Group

 <http://www.nag.org.uk/> www.nag.org.uk

12 -14 King Street

Wakefield

West Yorkshire

WF1 2SQ

Please note our new e-mail address

Please use email to contact us wherever possible, as we will generally be
able to respond more quickly to this than to a phone message.

However, if you do wish to speak to somebody personally, the numbers are
01924 383010 and 07587 133012