Dear lis-medical

I’m hoping that the collective lis-medical brain might have suggestions for dealing with a troublesome search.

Our user wants to introduce a feedback questionnaire and is hoping to find examples of existing questionnaires to use as a starting point in developing a local one. The tricky part is that the target audience for the questionnaire is people taking part in a clinical research study. The aim is to measure their satisfaction with the process of being recruited to and involved in the study.

Focusing on this population is proving difficult because search terms (‘research participants’, etc.) are not clearly differentiating between this target population and the thousands of studies that report research and therefore all have research participants. So I’m finding plenty of very general information about questionnaire design and questionnaires to measure patient satisfaction with clinical services, but nothing useful on measuring the satisfaction levels of people attending research visits.

Has anyone tackled this before or are there any obvious search terms/combinations to handle this?

All the best,

Kate

Kate Brunskill

Deputy Librarian

Queen Square Library, Archive & Museum
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery (UCLH)

1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG.

020 3448 4140 | 020 3448 4709

[log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]

www.ucl.ac.uk/ion/library

follow @neurolib on twitter