Update, lightly edited (deletion of non-essential ‘stuff’), re archiving of the USA national atlas.

FH

From: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library, UW Milwaukee
Sent: 04 March 2014 21:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The National Atlas

-------- Original Message --------

Re: The National Atlas

Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:08:18 -0800

Carlos Diaz <[log in to unmask]>

[log in to unmask], DOCTECH-L <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

I sent an email to GPO asking them if they would be able to archive The National Atlas website.  This is the response I received.

"Hello Carlos,

Thank you again for checking into this.

The GPO has captured the resource and plans to provide access to the harvested content. Due to the nature of site, some of the functionality may be lost.

Thank you for using askGPO and for your continued support of the Federal Depository Library Program. Please feel free to contact us again if you have another question.

Kathryn Bayer"

Carlos A. Diaz

Government Publications, Maps, and Microforms

James E. Brooks Library

Central Washington University

Mailstop 7548

Ellensburg, WA 98926