Dear All,

We are starting to write a policy on our CLA Scanning Service we run at the University of Kent, Templeman Library.

Would any institution be happy to share their CLA Scanning policy with me or any other documentation that would assist us?  This would help me in drafting one specifically for Kent.

Our policy will be for an internal audience and proposes to cover the following -

Internal working procedures for managing the CLA Service
Outline of whole life cycle of obtaining a scan
Storage mechanisms and procedures for scans - how long do you keep them for?  Do you delete scans?  Do you offer off line storage for scans? Or do you offer cloud storage for your scans?

Please reply directly to me and I shall summarise and anonymize (if appropriate) responses for the list if people wish.

Many thanks.

Kind regards

Dawn

Please note that I work part-time hours and work every Wednesday and Thursday.  Please see my calendar for my availability.
In my absence please email a member of my team on [log in to unmask] or phone 01227 82 7989

Dawn Fitzgerald
Digital Resources and Serials Librarian (Job Share with Theresa Thurston)
Information Services
Templeman Library
Tel: 01227 82 7819

www.kent.ac.uk/library