Hi,

I found the JANET Shib IdP/ SP courses to be invaluable when I was
initially getting my head around Shibboleth.

In my experience most of the issues arising have been around either the
web container(s) or the session replication but the course does go into
the various config files and what they do.

On 25/03/14 14:01, Dave Perry wrote:
> Hi all, apologies for cross-posting
>
> Can anyone recommend a training course on shibboleth Idp
> troubleshooting? We are looking at using ours to SSO to Office 365, as
> it offers the smoothest experience for students combined with Moodle
> (we’ve tested that as a Shibboleth-authenticated service successfully) -
> but there is a concern in IT that if I personally am off/un-contactable
> then there is no-one else who knows how to examine the IdP to see what
> is going wrong let alone fix it if it’s an issue with the IdP and not
> the network account.
>
> Or does anyone have a document that would help someone who can manage a
> root login to linux diagnose common faults?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

> Dave Perry
> eLearning Technologist, Hull College Group
>
> Room L34 - Queens Gardens Library
> Wilberforce Drive, Queen's Gardens, Hull, HU1 3DG
> Extension 2230 / Direct Dial 01482 381930
>
> Please rate our service in the annual Libraries & eLearning User survey.
>
> You could win a £15 Amazon voucher!
>
> For staff - http://library.hull-college.ac.uk/staffsurvey
>
> For students - http://library.hull-college.ac.uk/survey

> This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only.  It may
> contain confidential or sensitive information.  The contents are not to
> be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised
> recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise
> us of any errors in transmission.  Any views expressed in this message
> are solely the views of the individual and do not represent the views of
> the College.  Nothing in this message should be construed as creating a
> contract.
>
> Hull College owns the email infrastructure, including the contents.
>
> Hull College is committed to sustainability, please reflect before
> printing this email.

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email: [log in to unmask]

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.